Year 1 (2016-2017) | Delineation and Mapping
On Feb. 23, 2017, the AAMC hosted its first live-streamed workshop of a multi-year series of meetings to map participating institutions’ community health-focused activities into coordinated systems, and subsequently evaluate impacts for patients, communities, learners and the institutions themselves. The workshop included speakers from the VA, NIH, CMS, HRSA, and CDC among other national stakeholders.
Progress Reports: Following a year of work mapping the health equity/community health related research, training programs, and initiatives at their respective institutions, on July 17, 2017 eight awardee cohort and three virtual cohort teams presented findings regarding barriers, opportunities for expanded internal and external collaboration, and SMART goals to address community specific health outcomes.
Tools and Resources
The tools below helped the Baylor College of Medicine/Harris Health System team define our work for year one of the project as well as the years to come.
• Activity Preparation and Facilitation Guide
• Creating Project Cards | Project Cards Template
• Creating Domain Cards | Domain Cards Template
• Creating Internal Partner Cards | Internal Partner Cards Template
• Creating External Partner Cards | External Partner Cards Template
• Creating Butcher Paper Map Outline Project Goal Analysis Handout Site Team Mapping PowerPoint
Community Asset Mapping Materials
• ABCD Activity Facilitation Guide
• Community Defined Health: Thinking From the Inside Out (Blecke J. Community defined health: Thinking from the inside out. Metropolitan Universities.Jan 2000;11(2):41-47.)