The Baylor College of Medicine Administrative Fellowship Program offers a recent graduate the opportunity to gain management experience within one of the world's leading academic health science institutions.
The application deadline for the 2022 Baylor fellowship is Sept. 13, 2021. The fellowship interview process will consist of telephone and on-site interviews. Selected applicants will participate in telephone interviews with various Baylor management teams that begin in late September.
Once the phone interviews have been completed, selected candidates will receive an invitation to participate in on-site interviews with prior fellows and executive management. These interviews will occur in early October.
The Baylor management team will select the new fellows by early-to-mid October. The selected fellows will be invited for campus tours and will be given opportunities to meet with previous fellows and faculty prior to beginning their fellowship. Selected candidates will begin their fellowship in July 2022.
If you have questions, contact the current fellows at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Baylor fellowship will not be listed on NCAF (National Council on Administrative Fellowships) this year. For information on how to apply, see below.
Who Should Apply
Candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Recent graduate from an accredited master’s program with an emphasis in health care administration, policy or finance, or current master’s student who has completed the didactic portion of an accredited master’s program.
- Strong interest in management of an academic health science center
- Exhibits strong leadership, oral and verbal communication, analytical, and teamwork skills.
- Highly motivated
- Excellent academic record - GPA of 3.0 or above
* A recent graduate is an applicant who has graduated within one (1) year of the start date of the fellowship program from an accredited school with an advanced degree and who can demonstrate a history of interest in healthcare.
To apply for the 2022 fellowship, the following materials must be included:
- Video Introduction: Two minute video introducing yourself and highlighting characteristics that may not be represented in your resume
- Cover letter: One page, single spaced, 1-inch margins, 11-12 point font, Times New Roman or Arial font
- One-page personal statement expressing the applicant's career goals, interest in academic health centers, and how the applicant can contribute to Baylor College of Medicine (one page, single spaced, 1-inch margins, 11-12 point font, Times New Roman or Arial font)
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation: One from a professor, one from a job/internship supervisor and one from a non-relative
- Official undergraduate transcripts
- Official graduate transcripts
How to Apply
The application has three requirements:
- Brief video introduction
- One combined PDF that includes a resume, cover letter and personal statement
- Submission of official undergraduate and graduate school transcripts and letters of recommendation
Letters of recommendation must be emailed by the recommender with the subject line: “2022 BCM Administrative Fellowship – [Applicant Name] Recommendation.”
All materials should be emailed to email@example.com no later than 11:59 p.m. CST on Sept. 13, 2021. Both components of the application must be submitted to be considered complete; incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
Only transcripts may be sent by mail and must be received by Sept. 13, 2021. All official transcripts must be sent by the applicant's institution electronically or by mail.
BCM Administrative Fellowship Program
Attn: Erin Cannon, Ph.D., M.P.A.
One Baylor Plaza
Houston, TX 77030
Webinar Information Sessions
Join BCM’s current Administrative Fellows us for an informational webinar session. We will go over the administrative program in detail, covering information about Baylor College of Medicine, the program scope and structure, support team and mentorship, current and past fellow projects, and life in Houston. In addition, we will open up the session for any questions at the end of the presentation. Register for a webinar information session.
- Wednesday, Aug. 4, 2021, 6 - 7 p.m., CST
- Thursday, Aug. 19, 2021, 11 a.m.- Noon, CST
- Wednesday, Sept. 1, 2021, 5 - 6 p.m., CST
If you are unable to join any of these webinars reach out firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a different time to learn more about the program.
- Application Deadline: Sept. 13, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. CST
- Phone Interviews: Late September
- Onsite Interviews: Early October
- Selection Announcement: Early-to-mid October
- Fellowship Start Date: July 2022