- Developed financial and operational models for College Business Operations projects including analysis related to supply and demand for parking at the Baylor Clinic and Hospital.
- Executed detailed cost analysis and developed cost allocation methods for 40 test codes within the Department of Molecular and Human Genetics utilizing SAP financial reports.
- Analyzed financial statements and provided recommendations regarding profit distribution structure for a Baylor partnership-owned Ambulatory Surgical Center.
- Developed a financial model for a new low cost Community Health Clinic, which was used in the presentation to a financial sponsor and subsequently accepted.
- Prepared operating and capital budget for Human Resources Department. Performed analysis of Baylor College of Medicine Benefits Accounts.
- The fellow has historically been involved in developing a majority of the Baylor capital budget and a portion of operating budget.
- Developed new patient triage process for a HCHD Community Health Clinic that improved walk-in patient flow and employee morale.
- Conducted RVU analysis of the Department of Medicine faculty members, and presented analysis to physician executive committee.
- Collaborated with project leadership and consultants for the Clinical Physicians Compensation Plan design and data collection.
- Performed an exam-room utilization analysis of a Baylor outpatient clinic.
- Implemented efficiency measures for processes performed by medical assistants in the Department of Surgery.
- Developed a business plan, financial analysis and staffing matrix for a $35M Occupational Medicine Program.
- Developed business plan for affiliation agreement between the College and an international physician group and multi-specialty hospital.
- Performed a feasibility analysis of implementing a systematic colorectal cancer screening program within the Harris County Hospital District including a four-year pro forma of a proposed colonoscopy procedure suite.
- Worked with the Business Development team on a new psychiatry outpatient facility and departmental move business plan.
- Designed, implemented, and evaluated Quality Outcomes Study to measure clinical qualities for the implementation of our 5-year strategic plan.
- Implemented a Center of Excellence Program at Texas Children's Hospital for Pediatric Oncology, Cardiovascular Surgery and Cardiology.
- Worked on Implementation of Logician Electronic Medical Record system and About My Health EMR Web Access Tool.
- Worked with the Office of Information Technology and outside vendor to plan for an online communication tool to assist with interactions between the BCM Medical Center and the College.