The Roy M. Huffington Distinguished Lecture series was made possible through the many friends and colleagues who graciously made donations in memory of Mr. Huffington and his vision to foster the highest quality aging research and, ultimately, a higher standard of living for our aging population. The distinguished lecturer is selected for ingenious and unparalleled contributions to the field of aging and age-related diseases and is invited to share his/her latest discoveries with Baylor College of Medicine faculty and trainees.
mTOR and Lysosome Signaling in Metabolism and Health
- Presenter: David M. Sabatini, M.D., Ph.D.
- Position: ACS Research Professor Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research Professor of Biology
- Institution: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Date: Jan. 22, 2020
Epigenetic Pathways as Targets in Aging-Associated Disease
- Presenter: Shelley L. Berger, Ph.D.
- Position: Daniel S. Och University Professor, Department of Cell & Developmental Biology; Biology; Genetics
- Institution: Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- Date: Oct. 17, 2018
Genomic Analysis of Neurodegeneration
- Presenter: John Hardy, Ph.D., FMedSci, FRS
- Position: Professor, Department of Neuroscience
- Institution: Reta Lila Weston Institute, UCL Institute of Neurology
- Date: April 26, 2017
Transmission of Misfolded Proteins in Neurodegenerative Disorders: A Common Mechanism of Disease Progression
- Presenter: Virginia M.-Y. Lee, Ph.D., M.B.A.
- Position: Professor in Alzheimer's Research
- Institution: Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
- Date: March 4, 2015
Roles of Telomeres and Telomerase in Disease and Health
- Presenter: Elizabeth H. Blackburn, Ph.D.
- Position: Morris Herztein Professor of Biology and Physiology
- Institution: Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco
- Date: Jan. 16, 2013
Regulation of Stem Cell Self-Renewal
- Presenter: Sean Morrison, Ph.D.
- Position: Professor and Director
- Institution: Children’s Research Institute, UT Southwestern
- Date: April 11, 2012
Telomeres in Cancer and Aging
- Presenter: Ronald A. DePinho, M.D.
- Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Director, Belfer Institute for Applied Cancer Science, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Date: May 4, 2011
Stem Cells, Aging, and the Challenge of Senescent Tissue Repair
- Presenter: Tom Rando, M.D., Ph.D.
- Position: Professor of Neurology
- Institution: Stanford University
- Date: Feb. 17, 2009