Enrolling in the Baylor College of Medicine Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences opens doors to educational opportunities both within the College and with other outstanding institutions.
The Post-Baccalaureate Certificate of Completion in Biomedical Sciences and Health Equity is a structured, one-year program that includes 13 hours of graduate-level credit courses plus additional non-credit required curriculum as follows:
Required Credit Coursework
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Principles of Genetics
- Human Physiology I
- Human Physiology II
- Introduction to Biostatistics
- Introduction to Health Disparities
- Molecular Cell Biology
- Research Methods
- Wellbeing and Burnout Management for Healthcare Professionals
Required Non-Credit Curriculum
- Career and professional development curriculum including admissions preparation, leadership and communications, and teamwork
- Student success and critical thinking curriculum, including standardized MCAT test preparation and learning communities
- Research, including journal club and faculty-mentored health equity translational research experiences
- Advocacy and service learning, including community service opportunities
We have developed innovative curriculum approaches to ensure you master the critical thinking, communications, teamwork and professional skills necessary to succeed within potential career paths connected with the medical and other graduate healthcare professions.
Student Success Resources
Student success resources at BCM are designed to help you successfully navigate through your education and into the workforce. Taking care of yourself is a pre-requisite your success in school and beyond. At BCM you will have many options to participate in individualized or group wellness programs, as well as access to support services including the Student Disability Services, Ombuds Office, and more.