Majumder, J.D., Ph.D.
Majumder, J.D., Ph.D.
Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
- A.B. from Bryn Mawr College
- 01/1985 - Bryn Mawr, PA United States
- J.D. from Yale University
- 01/1989 - New Haven, CT United States
- Ph.D. from Rice University
- 01/1997 - Houston, TX United States
- Advanced Training from University Of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- 01/1998 - Houston, TX United States
- Ethics Consultation
- Problems of cost, quality, and access in health care
- Ethical and social implications of new genomic technologies
- The intersection of religion and spirituality and biomedical ethics
Professional StatementMary Anderlik Majumder, J.D., Ph.D., is professor of medicine in the Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas. She received an A.B. magna cum laude from Bryn Mawr College in 1985, a J.D. from Yale Law School in 1989, and a Ph.D. with a specialization in ethics and biomedical ethics from the Department of Religious Studies at Rice University in 1997. Her dissertation on managed care was published by the Indiana University Press in 2001 (The Ethics of Managed Care: A Pragmatic Approach). She later completed a fellowship in Clinical Ethics at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. Her current research interests include the ethical, legal, and social implications of new genomic technologies and ethical and policy questions related to problems of cost, quality, and access in health care. She also remains interested in the intersection of religion and spirituality and biomedical ethics.
- Majumder MA, Guerrini CJ, Bollinger JM, Cook-Deegan R, McGuire AL. "Sharing data under the 21st Century Cures Act." Genet Med.. 2017 May ; Epub ahead of print] : Pubmed PMID: 28541278
- Majumder MA, Cook-Deegan R, McGuire AL. "Beyond Our Borders? Public Resistance to Global Genomic Data Sharing." PLoS Biol.. 2016 November 2; 14 (11): e2000206. Pubmed PMID: 27806054
- Majumder MA "Genomic and stem cell policy issues: more alike than different?." Genome Med. 2011 3 (6): 35. Pubmed PMID: 21658296
- Majumder MA, Cohen CB "Future directions for oversight of stem cell research in the United States: an update.." Kennedy Inst Ethics J. 2009 June ; 19 (2): 195-200. Pubmed PMID: 19623823
- Majumder MA, Cohen CB "Research ethics. The NIH draft guidelines on human stem cell research.." Science. 2009 June 26; 324 (5935): 1648-9. Pubmed PMID: 19556488
- McGuire AL, Majumder MA "Two cheers for GINA?." Genome Med. 2009 1 (1): 6. Pubmed PMID: 19348693
- Cohen CB, Majumder MA "Future directions for oversight of stem cell research in the United States.." Kennedy Inst Ethics J. 2009 March ; 19 (1): 79-100. Pubmed PMID: 19306698
- Pena AM, Majumder MA "Case study. Bad words. Commentary.." Hastings Cent Rep.. 2014 44 (2): 14. Pubmed PMID: 24809109
- Majumder MA "Respecting difference and moving beyond regulation: tasks for U.S. bioethics commissions in the twenty-first century.." Kennedy Inst Ethics J. 2005 September ; 15 (3): 289-303. Pubmed PMID: 16250117
- Bruce CR, Pena AM, Kusin BB, Allen, NG, Smith ML, Majumder MA "An Embedded Model for Ethics Consultation: Characteristics, Outcomes, and Challenges." AJOB Empirical Bioethics. 2014 January 10; 5 (3): 8-18.
Log In to edit your profile