Thomas Powell, M.D.
Thomas Powell, M.D.
- Assistant Professor
Department of Anesthesiology
Division of Cardiovascular Anesthesia and Critical Care Medicine
Texas Heart Institute, CHI Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
Houston, TX US
- MD from The University of Texas Medical School at Houston
- 05/2014 - Houston, Texas
- Residency at Baylor College of Medicine
- 06/2018 - Houston, Texas United States
- Fellowship at Texas Heart Institute
- 06/2019 - Houston, TX
- Cardiovascular Anesthesiology
- (03/07/2019 - 12/31/2029)
- American Board of Anesthesiology
- Advanced Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography
- (08/23/2020 - 12/31/2029)
- National Board of Echocardiography
- Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology
- Mechanical Circulatory Support
- Abdominal and Thoracic Transplantation
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Regional Anesthesia / Enhanced Recovery Programs
- Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery
- Blood Utilization in Cardiac Surgery
Professional StatementDr. Powell is a Cardiovascular Anesthesiologist with Baylor College of Medicine, who works at the Texas Heart Institute (THI) at Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. He is board certified in Anesthesiology by the American Board of Anesthesiology, as well as by the National Board of Echocardiography for Advanced Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography.
He completed medical school at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston and his anesthesiology residency with the Baylor College of Medicine. He then completed his fellowship in Adult Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology at the Texas Heart Institute in conjunction with the Baylor College of Medicine.
In addition to a busy clinical practice taking care of patients undergoing heart surgery, vascular surgery, thoracic surgery, aortic surgery, interventional procedures in the cardiac catheterization laboratory, and organ transplantation, Dr. Powell is also involved in resident and fellow education within the Baylor College of Medicine and in clinical research at the Texas Heart Institute. He is an Associate Director of the Quality and Safety Committee for the cardiovascular operating rooms. He is also a member of the THI Professional Staff.
- Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists
- American Society of Anesthesiology
- American Society of Echocardiography
- Texas Heart Institute Professional Staff
Log In to edit your profile