Why Participate in Research?
Research is an important way to better understand medications, help update warning labels and provide information regarding potential side effects. We are interested in learning more about how the body and brain affect each other. Our research looks at how weight, development, gut bacteria, and bone health are affected by mental health and it’s treatment. Research can also help with identifying the role of genetics in mental health, and if those genetic factors influence someone’s risk of side effects. By participating in research, you can be a part of helping to create safer ways to treat mental health disorders.
The following studies are open for participation. Visit the clinical trials page for each to see more information.
- Do SSRI medications affect growth spurts?
- Do bile acids affect weight gain in children taking Risperidone?
- Do ADHD medications affect bone health?
- What are the long-term side-effects of antipsychotic medications?
- Do iron levels affect brain structure and feelings?
- Sign up for a psychiatric research registry
- Does gut function affect depression?