The Functional Genomics and Microbiome Core stimulates research in infection and injury states affecting the intestine and liver. Services provided by the core include:
- Consultation in the choice of genomics methodologies to be applied to research problems being addressed by Digestive Diseases Center members
- Training in the conduct of functional genomics and metagenomics relevant to GI research
- Consultation on experimental design of gene expression (mRNA) studies and assistance with analysis of genomic profiling data
- Providing mammalian gene expression, cytokine/transcription factor/signaling pathway arrays, and gut microbial profiling/metagenomics to DDC members at discounted prices
- Facilitating analysis and bio-informatics strategies with functional genomics and microbiome datasets
- Conducting periodic workshops and disseminating information about new technologies available in the Core and to obtain feedback on needed technologies / services.