Effective July 1, 2018, Baylor College of Medicine implemented the new Uniform Guidance Procurement Rules in order to comply with procurement requirements (2_CFR 200.318 – 326) of the Office of Management and Budget’s “Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards, commonly known as “Uniform Guidance”.
The Uniform Guidance is a set of regulations located in the Code of Federal Regulations at 2 CFR 200. It provides the overarching guidelines for administering Federal awards and expenditures. This guidance provides both federal agencies and the entities that receive federal funds a set of standard guidance for determining the allowability of charges to federal funds. As the College is a recipient of federal funds, we should all be very familiar with its principles. Further, the College extends the standards of Uniform Guidance to all purchases, regardless of funding source.
• The Supply Chain Department is the central purchasing authority for the College.
• If your purchase is $3,000 or less and not in the punch-out catalogs, you should use your PCard to make the purchase.
• Quotes are required for all free text shopping carts. For additional information, please review the procurement Quick Reference Guide.
• Sole Source Justifications are required when only one supplier can provide the goods or services needed. Examples of justifications include inadequate competition, a public exigency or emergency, or a federal awarding agency's authorization. (Download this document to make editable. Open with Adobe.)
• Competitive bidding is required for products or services with an aggregate total value of $250,000 or greater for vendors not under contract with the College. Please contact Supply Chain for assistance in the bidding process or completing a Sole Source justification form.