TEDx Event Details
The Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy will be hosting Baylor College of Medicine’s first ever TEDx event this Fall. In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TED Talks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. (Subject to certain rules and regulations.)
TEDxBaylorCollegeofMedicine is dedicated to bringing together leading thinkers and doers to share ideas across many disciplines – technology, entertainment, design, science, humanities, business and development. Our aim is to build a meaningful connection between the work at Baylor and the people we serve in the community and share inspirational stories of how our community is improving health through science, scholarship and innovation.
The event will be attended by 100 invitees only at The Revaire in Houston. Due to the current COVID situation we are exploring new dates for our event in 2022 (details forthcoming). We will also offer a livestream option for a wider regional and international audience. Videos of each TEDx talk will be posted online on the TEDx and TEDx Baylor College of Medicine web pages for future viewing.
For more information, contact Emily Thiel at 713-798-6104 or Emily.Thiel@bcm.edu
This independent TEDx event is operated under license from TED.
Baylor College of Medicine
- Sharmila Anandasabapathy, M.D., FASGE, AGAF, Vice President, Professor of Medicine and Gastroenterology, Director of Baylor Global Health and Health Policy Scholar at the Center for Medical Ethics & Health Policy
- Dorit Donoviel, Ph.D., Director, Translational Research Institute for Space Health; Associate Professor, Dept. of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology and the Center for Space Medicine
- Ronald Cotton, M.D., FACS, Assistant Professor of Surgery & Director General Surgery Residency Program
- Amy L. McGuire, JD, Ph.D., Leon Jaworski Professor of Biomedical Ethics and Director of the Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy
- Joseph Petrosino, Ph.D., Chair and Professor, Department of Molecular Virology and Microbiology; Director, Alkek Center for Metagenomics and Microbiome Research
- Cheryl Walker, Ph.D., Director, Center for Precision Environmental Health, Professor, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology
- Greg Brenneman, Executive Chairman, CMMP Capital and author of Right Away and All at Once and Harvard Business Review on Crisis Management
- Ambassador Edward P. Djerejian, Director, Rice Baker Institute for Public Policy
- Kelly Hackett, JD, CAP®, Managing Director-Tectonic Advisors Family Office Services
- Alex Oshmyansky, M.D., Ph.D., CEO, The Mark Cuban Cost Plus Drugs Company
TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. Started as a four-day conference in California 30 years ago, TED has grown to support its mission with multiple initiatives. The two annual TED Conferences invite the world's leading thinkers and doers to speak for 18 minutes or less. Many of these talks are then made available, free, at TED.com. TED speakers have included Bill Gates, Jane Goodall, Elizabeth Gilbert, Sir Richard Branson, Nandan Nilekani, Philippe Starck, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Sal Khan and Daniel Kahneman.
The annual TED Conference takes place each spring in Vancouver, British Columbia. TED's media initiatives include TED.com, where new TED Talks are posted daily; TED Translators, which provides subtitles and interactive transcripts as well as translations from volunteers worldwide; the educational initiative TED-Ed. TED has established The Audacious Project that takes a collaborative approach to funding ideas with the potential to create change at thrilling scale; TEDx, which supports individuals or groups in hosting local, self- organized TED-style events around the world, and the TED Fellows program, helping world-changing innovators from around the globe to amplify the impact of their remarkable projects and activities.