Areas of Focus
- Empower the next generation of health care providers and scientists to shape policies that will improve health through our Health Policy Pathway.
- Conduct research to support the development of policy that accelerates the translation of discoveries into practice
- Position Baylor College of Medicine as an influential voice in health and science policy
- Leverage internal and external partnerships to broaden impact in the policy arena
- Develop sustainable funding, critical mass, and infrastructure to foster success
As the challenges facing science and healthcare continue to grow, we have an opportunity to apply our research and expertise to help advocate for responsible and ethically sound policy. To this end, Leon Jaworski, professor of Biomedical Ethics and Amy McGuire, J.D., Ph.D., director of the Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy, has been tasked with coordinating a Baylor-wide Health Policy Program, and Stephanie Morain, Ph.D., M.P.H, serves as associate director. Dr. McGuire has assembled an impressive team of Baylor faculty (Center Faculty, Health Policy Scholars, and many of our Affiliated Faculty) who are developing new education and research initiatives in health policy. Program leaders are also working to consolidate and better communicate the excellent policy work that already takes place College-wide. Learn more about our research.