Ascend connects opportunity youth (aged 18 to 24 with a high school diploma/GED) to job training and career readiness resources that will lead to stable, sufficient employment in the healthcare field. Ascend also provides educational resources to youth on issues of health/wellness, family planning, financial literacy, and relationship management.
Our three-month program includes:
- Monthly orientations, which include an overview of possible careers, options for job training, and professional development
- Assistance in applying to/enrolling for job training through the local community colleges (Houston Community College, San Jacinto, Lone Star)
- Weekly workshops and events to build job readiness, networking, and life skills
- Job search assistance through Baylor College of Medicine and affiliated hospitals in the Texas Medical District
Some of the medical careers that you can pursue include:
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
- Medical Business Office Professional
Eligibility requirements include:
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- 18 to 24 years old
Please bring your ID and your high school transcript or GED certificate to:
Baylor Teen Health Clinic
8111 Lawn St.
Houston, TX 77088