Fellows are exposed to a broad range of both benign and malignant pediatric and adult hematopathology as well as the ancillary diagnostic testing in the diagnosis of those disorders.
All rotations occur in the Department of Pathology & Immunology and the Clinical Laboratories therein. Rotations include:
- Ben Taub Hospital, Hematopathology service, 4 months
- Texas Children's Hospital, Hematopathology service, 2 months
- Texas Children's Hospital, Flow cytometry service, 1 month
- Texas Children's Hospital, Coagulation service, 1 month
- Texas Children's Hospital, Molecular genetics & cytogenetics, 1 month
- The Methodist Hospital, Bone marrow, lymph node, and flow cytometry services, 2 months
- MD Anderson Cancer Center, Flow cytometry service, 1 month
All teaching faculty participate in a variety of primarily clinical and translational research projects. Opportunities abound both within the Department of Pathology & Immunology as well as potential collaborations with other clinical departments or faculty at other institutions within the Texas Medical Center. Fellows are expected to participate in supervised research.