The Baylor San Antonio Pediatric Residency Program demonstrates its commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion by incorporating the following actions:
- Implementation of deliberate strategies to facilitate interviewing and matching a more diverse resident cohort,
- A new holistic review system for ERAS applications, and
- Intentionally improved diversity among members of the Residency Recruitment Committee.
DEI Student, Resident, and Faculty Education
- Development and delivery of a longitudinal DEI curriculum including workshops and book clubs to foster each individual’s transformation from bystander to upstander and
- Resident-led noon conferences to explore threats to the safety of the learning environment for people of diverse (race, ethnicity, gender, ability) backgrounds.
- Simulation-based educational research to assess the impact of bias on patient outcomes and
- A case-based resident-designed lecture series to promote cultural competence and caring for children of diverse backgrounds.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and providing patient-centered care. Read more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.