Selection of incoming interns will be made only through the Electronic Residency Application System and the National Residency Match Program.
This year all interviews will be conducted virtually due to the Coronavirus pandemic. To learn about how Baylor College of Medicine is responding to the pandemic, visit our Coronavirus website.
Applications will be considered complete when they include the following items:
- Complete ERAS application
- MSPE (Medical Student Performance Evaluation)
- Letters of recommendation (minimum of three)
- USMLE transcript (all allopathic students; preferred for osteopathic students also)
- Personal statement
- COMLEX transcript (all osteopathic students, if no USMLE)
- ECFMG Status Report (international medical school graduates only)
We prefer that all applicants complete USMLE Step 2 and/or COMLEX Step 2 prior to the interview, but this is not required for the application of U.S. medical students to be considered complete. International medical school graduates must have taken and passed USMLE Step 1, Step 2CK, and Step 2CS on 1st attempt in order for their applications to be considered complete.
International Medical School Graduates
Graduates of international medical schools must have a completed application on file. The application will be considered complete only when the ECFMG status report indicates that the applicant is certified or the applicant is likely to be eligible for certification as evidenced by the following items:
- Complete ERAS Application
- Dean's Letter
- Letters of Recommendation (minimum of three)
- USMLE Transcript - Step 1, Step 2CK and Step 2CS with a score of 215 or above on first attempt
- ECFMG Certification
- Fluency in the English language, both written and spoken
- We only sponsor J1 visa, we are unable to offer the H1-b visa
- At least one month of clinical or research experience in the U.S. medical system (A clinical observership performed anywhere in the U.S. will fulfill this requirement.) Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity for observerships at this time.
- Graduation within the past five years
Due to COVID-19 pandemic, we are unable to offer any elective or sub-internship experiences at this time. We apologize for the circumstances and look forward to having senior medical students rotate with us again in the future.