What to Expect
ACGME Program ID : 3304821029
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis though we encourage you to apply as early as possible. Email invitations to interview will be sent out approximately two weeks from the ERAS opening date for programs. Our interview season typically runs from August to November preceding the appointment year. Email regrets that we are unable to offer an interview will be sent out by end of October.
If you are selected for an interview, you will be invited to schedule a date and you will have the option to change it anytime up to two weeks prior. If there are particular faculty whom you would like to meet, we encourage you to specify this to our coordinator in advance. We are always eager to make your interview experience as pleasant and informative as possible.
For the 2021-2022 appointment year, we will conduct all of our interviews virtually to ensure the health and safety of our applicants as well as to maintain equity among applicants regardless of their geographic location. Throughout the pandemic, our priority has been and remains the safety of our fellows. Learn about the BCM response to COVID-19.
Application & Matching Process
The Pediatric Pulmonology Fellowship Program participates in the Pediatric Subspecialties Fall Match through ERAS and NRMP.
Interviews typically are scheduled in August through November and match results are released via National Residency Matching Program in December.
Basic requirements for consideration are:
- Board-eligible or board-certified in pediatrics through the American Board of Pediatrics
- Successfully completed three years of training in an accredited general pediatrics residency program.
- Exceptional J1 visa applicants will be considered on a case by case basis. (We are unable to consider applicants who are H1B visa holders)
- Formal ERAS application
- NRMP registration
ERAS Application Documents
- Fellowship application (via ERAS)
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- CV and Personal Statement
- Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Wallet-sized Photograph
- USMLE Transcript (transmitted by the NBME)
- COMLEX Transcript (transmitted by the NBOME for DO applicants)
- ECFMG Status Report (for international medical graduates)
Benefits and Stipends
For more information on stipends and benefits, please visit the Graduate Medical Education website.
Maintaining your physical and emotional wellness is a prerequisite to professional success. Our residents have access to a number of programs to support their well-being. View wellness resources.
Information about vacation and leave of absences is available on the graduate medical education website