Program Result Highlights
- 364 entry-into-practice nurse anesthesia students have graduated from the College
- 100 percent of our most recent graduates passed the exam on their first attempt and the remainder on their second attempt.
- 100 percent of our most recent BSN-DNP graduates had employment upon graduation
- Attrition rate for most recent cohort of BSN-DNP students - 12.5 percent
- Attrition rate for the past five years for BSN-DNP students - 6.5 percent
- 40 CRNAs with advanced standing have received DNP degrees
Our graduates are highly recruited and many have taken leadership roles in the profession.
"My class has a lot of diversity in terms of ages, backgrounds, ethnicities and experiences. Learning with this diverse group is preparing me to be sensitive and mindful of the diverse needs of my patients."
"When I join a pick up basketball game in the gym or a pool game in the student lounge, it is with Ph.D., M.D., PA and other students. Nursing can be a bubble. Interacting with people in other fields bursts that bubble and helps me appreciate other perspectives."
"From yoga in the courtyard to great study spaces in the Academic Success Center, there are lots of resources and events that make it clear the College is always looking out for our best interests."
Nurse anesthesia student stays hopeful amidst COVID-19 pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic changed protocols for institutions worldwide. While healthcare workers on the frontlines continue to tend to patients, hospital protocol has amped up in order to keep patients and healthcare workers safe, and to prevent the spread of the virus.
Meredith Tabladillo, third-year, student-registered nurse anesthetist in the Nurse Anesthesia Program at Baylor College of Medicine, was among the only students allowed in clinics because of their experience in the care of patients with infectious diseases.
She shared about her experience on Baylor's Momentum blog.
Hear directly from our students how their experiences at Baylor College of Medicine are preparing them for their careers of choice.