DiaBetter Together - Type 1 Diabetes (H-45360 )
Study Goal(s): This randomized control trial is testing a strengths-based peer support program for young adults with type 1 diabetes who are transitioning from pediatric to adult diabetes healthcare.
- Has a diagnosis of type 1 diabetes of at least 1 year
- Currently receiving care at a TCH Diabetes Care Center location
- Between the ages of 17-25 years at enrollment.
- Exhibits fluency in reading/speaking English.
- Their endocrine provider confirmed plans to transfer to adult provider in the next 3-6 months.
Investigators: Marisa Hilliard, Ph.D. (site principal investigator), Sarah Lyons, M.D. (co-investigator), Siripoom McKay, M.D. (co-investigator), Charles Minard, Ph.D. (co-investigator), Sridevi Devaraj, M.D., Ph.D. (co-investigator)
Supported by: National Institutes of Health, R01 Award