You can rest assured when seeking care at Baylor Medicine’s Spine Center, you'll have access to the most advanced, evidence-based surgical and non-surgical treatments available. We not only oﬀer our patients the latest in treatment options, but we also continue to better spine care by developing new spine treatments and techniques.
Our center brings together the skills and knowledge of renowned spine experts from multiple medical disciplines. This collaborative approach is reﬂected in the truly personalized care plans we provide our patients - so they can achieve optimal results.
Non-Surgical and Interventional Treatment Options
To treat pain, conservative, non-surgical options such as physical therapy and medications are always discussed. For some, back and neck pain can be healed at home using straightforward treatments and by adjusting behaviors and biomechanics. Should you need it, interventional treatments including spine injections, nerve blocks, and other minimally-invasive procedures may be utilized.
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Facet and Joint Injections
- Nerve Blocks and Medial Branch Blocks
- Radiofrequency Ablations
- Neuromodulations, including Spinal Cord Stimulators
- Infusion/Intrathecal Pumps
- Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Behavioral Medicine Techniques and Pain Psychology
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
- Activity Modiﬁcation and Exercise
Surgical Treatment Options
We take pride in carefully evaluating our patients and helping them determine whether surgery is their best option. Should you need treatment beyond physical therapy, injections, and other conservative approaches, our team of fellowship-trained spine neurosurgeons will establish a surgical treatment plan tailored to you.
Baylor Medicine’s spine surgeons use the latest in technological and surgical advancements to perform image-guided spinal procedures and utilize minimally-invasive techniques when possible. Surgical procedures our spine experts are adept at performing include:
- Artiﬁcial Disc Replacement Surgery
- Complex Spine Surgery
- Endoscopic Spine Surgery
- Deformity Correction Surgery
- Minimally-invasive Spine Surgery and Microsurgery
- Scoliosis Surgery
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (Cyberknife)
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Spine Tumor Surgery
- Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty