Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, Texas United States
- TCH-West Tower (Clinic)
Houston, TX 77030
Phone: (832) 826-5903
- MBBS from The Aga Khan University Medical College
- Karachi, Pakistan
- Residency at The SUNY Medical Center
- Syracuse, New York United States
- Fellowship at The Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital, The Cleveland Clinic
- Cleveland, Ohio United States
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Fellowship at Children's Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- Boston, Massachusetts United States
- Interventional Catheterization
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics-Sub Board of Pediatric Cardiology
- The American Board of Internal Medicine- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE)
Honors & Awards
- PICES Mentorship Award
- Award for senior interventional cardiologist for leadership on behalf of early career Interventionalists,
- Baylor College of Medicine Norton Rose Fulbright Faculty Excellence Award in Teaching and Evaluation
- Houstonia Top Doctors
- Cardiology Catheterization in Children/Adults with Congenital Heart Disease
- Cardiology Catheterization
- Interventional Cardiology
- Forbes TJ, Hijazi ZM, Young G, Ringewald JM, Aquino PM, Vincent RN, Qureshi AM, Rome JJ, Rhodes JF Jr, Jones TK, Moskowitz WB, Holzer RJ, Zamora R "Acute ST changes during anesthesia induction 10 months after Norwood procedure." Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2011 77 (5): 671-679.
- Alkayed K, Plautz G, Gowans K, Rosenthal G, Soldes O, Qureshi AM "Chylopericardium and chylothorax: unusual mechanical complications of central venous catheters." Pediatr Int. 2013 55 (2): E4-6.
- Zdradzinski MJ, Qureshi AM, Stewart R, Pettersson G, Krasuski RA "Comparisons of long-term postoperative sequelae in patients with tetralogy of Fallot versus isolated pulmonic stenosis." Am J Cardiol. 2014 114 (2): 300-304.
- Qureshi AM, Prieto LR, Bradley-Skelton S, Latson A "Complications related to transhepatic venous access in the catheterization laboratory--a single center 12-year experience of 124 procedures." Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2014 84 (1): 94-100.
- Mehta S, Hill JA, Qureshi AM, Latson LA, Prieto LR "Helix device closure of multiple atrial septal defects." Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2014 84 (2): 204-210.
- Stackhouse KA, Goel SS, Qureshi AM, Prieto L, Kapadia S, Tuzcu EM, Krasuski RA "Off-label closure during CLOSURE study." J Invasive Cardiol. 2012 24 (11): 608-611.
- Roselli EE, Qureshi A, Idrees J, Lima B, Greenburg RK, Svensson LG, Pettersson G "Open, hybrid, and endovascular treatment for aortic coarctation and postrepair aneurysm in adolescents and adults." Ann Thorac Surg. 2012 94 (3): 751-756.
- Qureshi AM, Krasuski RA, Prieto LR "Percutaneous pulmonary valve implantation in left pulmonary artery branch in a patient with a functional single lung." J Invasive Cardiol. 2012 24 (9): E202-204.
- Hill J, Qureshi AM, Worley S, Prieto LR "Percutaneous recanalization of totally occluded pulmonary veins after pulmonary vein isolation-intermediate-term follow-up." Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2013 82 (4): 585-591.
- Ansar S, Qureshi AM, Arruda J, Bolen MA "Pulmonary atresia with aortopulmonary and coronary artery collaterals: precise depiction by low-close computed tomography." J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012 59 (1): 90.
- Qureshi AM, Latson LA "Recent advances in closure of atrial septal defects and patent foramen ovale." F1000 Med Rep. 2010 2 : pii. 8.
- Latson LA, Qureshi AM "Techniques for transcatheter recanalization of completely occluded vessels and pathways in patients with congenital heart disease." Ann Pediatr Cardiol. 2010 3 (2): 140-146.
- Qureshi AM, Hill JA, Prieto LR, Arruda J, Morrison S, Worley S, Latson LA "Transcatheter recanalization of totally occluded proximal pulmonary arteries and major systemic veins in patients with congenital heart disease." Am J Cardiol. 2013 111 (3): 412-417.
- Krasuski RA, Hart SA, Allen D, Qureshi A, Pettersson G, Houghtaling PL, Batizy LH, Blackstone E "Prevalence and repair of intraoperatively diagnosed patent foramen ovale and association with perioperative outcomes and long-term survival." J Am Med Assn. 2009 302 (3): 290-297.
- Qureshi AM, Mumtaz MA, Latson LA "Partial prolapse of a HELEX device associated with early frame fracture and mitral valve perforation." Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2009 74 (5): 777-782.
- Kutty S, Brown K, Qureshi AM, Latson LA "Maximal potential patent foramen diameter does not correlate with the type or frequency of the neurologic event prior to closure." Cardiology. 2009 113 (2): 111-115.
- Gowda ST, Kutty S, Ebeid M, Qureshi Am, Worley S, Latson LA "Preclosure pressure gradients predict patent ductus arteriosus patients at risk for later left pulmonary artery stenosis." Pediatr Cardiol. 30 (7): 883-887.
- Mumtaz MA, Rosenthal G, Qureshi AM, Prieto L, Preminger T, Lorber R, Latson L, Duncan BW "Melbourne shunt promotes growth of diminutive central pulmonary arteries in patients with pulmonary atresia, ventricular septal defect, and systemic-to pulmonary collateral arteries." Ann Thorac Surg. 2008 85 (6): 2079-2083.
- Qureshi AM, Rhodes JF, Appachi E, Mumtaz MA, Duncan BW, Asnes J, Radavansky P, Latson LA "Transhepatic Broviac catheter placement for long-term central venous access in critically ill children with complex congenital heart disease." Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2007 8 (3): 248-253.
- Gupta R, Marks M, Spalding S, Qureshi AM "First report of cardiac tamponade in pediatric-onset mixed connective tissue disease." Open J Pediatr. 2012 2 (2): 165-169.
- Forbes TJ, HIjazi ZM, Young G, Ringewald JM, Aquino PM, Vincent RN, Qureshi AM, Rome JJ, Rhodes JF, Jones TK, Moskowitz WB, Holzer RJ, Zamora R. "Pediatric catheterization laboratory anticoagulation with bivalirudin." Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2011 77 (5): 671-679.
- American College of Cardiology
- Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Congenital Cardiac Research Collaborative
- Executive Committee Member
Log In to edit your profile