- Assistant Professor of Surgery
Division of Surgical Oncology
Baylor College of Medicine
- Sugar Land (Clinic)
1327 Lake Pointe Parkway
Sugar Land, TX 77478
Phone: (713) 798-7711
Fax: (713) 798-1841
- BA from University of California
- Molecular and cell biology
- MD from University of California
- San Diego
- MBA from Duke University
- Fellowship at UCLA
- Los Angeles
- Residency at Houston Methodist Hospital
- General Surgery Leadership and Health Care Administration Track
- American Board of Surgery
Professional StatementDr. Feibi Zheng is an endocrine surgeon with specialized training in surgery for parathyroid disease, benign thyroid tumors, thyroid cancers, adrenal tumors and familial endocrine disorders. She is one of the few endocrine fellowship-trained surgeons in Houston, and she is recognized by Healthgrades as one of the top 5 percent of surgeons nationally for her experience in treating hyperparathyroidism.
At the age of 15, Dr. Zheng enrolled at the University of California, Berkeley, where she graduated cum laude with a degree in molecular and cell biology. She went on to obtain her medical degree at the University of California, San Diego, and a master’s degree in health sector management from Duke University. During her surgical residency training at Houston Methodist, she helped establish the General Surgery Leadership and Health Care Administration Track, an eight-year program which blends clinical surgery training with practical experience in optimizing hospital systems for improved patient care and safety. She then completed her endocrine surgery fellowship at UCLA, where she received additional training in minimally invasive parathyroidectomy and single incision retroperitoneal adrenalectomy.
Dr. Zheng’s clinical practice and expertise focus on guiding patients through the complex decision-making process for endocrine tumors and ensuring that they have a seamless experience from diagnosis through post-operative care and surveillance. In addition to her clinical practice, Dr. Zheng also serves on the Committee for Perioperative Care of the American College of Surgeons, which works to improve the quality of care for surgical patients across the country.
- Zheng F, Park KW, Thi WJ, Choi R, Bass, BL, Yeh MW "Financial Implications of Telemedicine Visits in an Academic Endocrine Surgery Program." Surgery. Pubmed PMID: 30245125
- Kuo EJ, Thi WJ, Zheng F, Zanocco KA, Livhits MJ, Yeh MW "Individualizing Surgery in Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma Based on a Detailed Sonographic Assessment of Extrathyroidal Extension." Thyroid. Pubmed PMID: 29113553
- Nguyen Lee JJ, Paciuc M, Guerra R, Esnaola N, Zanocco KA, Zheng F "Derivation of a Cost Savings Screening Strategy for Asymptomatic Primary Hyperparathyroidism." Surgery. Pubmed PMID: 31604587
- Adesoye T, Davis CH, Del Calvo H, Shaikh A, Chegireddy V, Chan EY, Martinez S, Pei KY MD, Zheng F, Tariq N "Optimization of Surgical Resident Safety and Education During the COVID-19 Pandemic - Lessons Learned." Journal of Surgical Education. Pubmed PMID: 32739443
- Sasangohar F, Dhala AF, Zheng F, Ahmadi N, Kash BA, Masud F "Use of Tele-Critical Care for Family Visitation to ICU During the COVID-19 Pandemic: An Interview Study and Sentiment Analysis." BMJ Quality and Safety. Pubmed PMID: 33028659
- Doval A, Echo A, Zheng F "Re-operative Cervical Endocrine: Appropriate Valuation for Time and Effort?." Journal of Surgical Research. Pubmed PMID: 33652178
- Zheng F, Huang Y, Wright JD, Kuo JH "Out of Pocket Costs for Patients Undergoing Thyroid Surgery." Annals of Surgery.
Log In to edit your profile