Jianming Xu, Ph.D.
Jianming Xu, Ph.D.
Gordon Cain Endowed Professorship in Cell Biology
- Gordon Cain Endowed Professorship in Cell Biology
Mol & Cell Biology-Xu
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
- Gordon Cain Endowed Professorship in Cell Biology, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology; Director of the Genetically Engineered Mouse Core, Baylor College of Medicine (Office)
One Baylor Plaza, Alkek Building, Room N630.03
Houston, TX 77030
- PhD from Clarkson University/W. Alton Johns Cell Science Center
- 05/1994 - Potsdam, NY United States
- Postdoctoral Training at Baylor College Of Medicine
- 10/1997 - Houston, TX United States
- Gene networks & signaling pathways that regulate steroid hormone-promoted cancers
Professional StatementOverexposure and/or super sensitiveness to sex steroid hormones, such as estrogen and androgen, are risk factors that promote breast, endometrial and prostate carcinogenesis. Because of the high incidences and mortality, these steroid-promoted cancers remain to be a major threat to human health. Steroid receptors are transcription factors that depend on their coregulators to regulate specific gene expression. Each receptor can work with multiple coregulators and each coregulators also can work with multiple receptors and other types of transcription factors to regulate gene expression. In turn, these gene products are involved in various signaling pathways that control initiation, progression and metastasis of these steroid promoted cancers. Our research is mainly focused on determining the oncogenic or tumor-suppressive roles of a group of coregulators altered in breast, prostate or endometrial cancers and elucidating their molecular mechanisms for regulating the initiation, progression and metastasis of these cancers. Our ultimate goal is to identify cancer type-specific targets and pathways for the cure of steroid-promoted cancers.
Our lab is adequately equipped to execute multidisciplinary, complex studies from a single molecule to an entire mouse. In addition to common molecular, cellular and animal approaches, we routinely use many advanced technologies in our research, such as gene expression profiling, ChIP-Seq, whole genome sequencing, metabolomic profiling, Co-IP/mass spectrometry, gene knock-down/knockout/knock-in in various cell lines or mice, generation and staining of micro tissue arrays, and various kinds of xenograft/transgenic mouse models of human cancers. We have many years of experience on generating and characterization of genetically engineered mouse models.
Up to date, Dr. Xu has published ~160 peer-reviewed articles and trained 32 postdocs and 11 graduate students.
- Xu J, Liao L, Ning G, Yoshida-Komiya H, Deng C, O'Malley BW "The steroid receptor coactivator SRC-3 (p/CIP/RAC3/AIB1/ACTR/TRAM-1) is required for normal growth, puberty, female reproductive function, and mammary gland development.." Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A.. 2000 June 6; 97 (12): 6379-84. Pubmed PMID: 10823921
- Qin L, Liu Z, Chen H, Xu J "The steroid receptor coactivator-1 regulates twist expression and promotes breast cancer metastasis.." Cancer Res.. 2009 May 1; 69 (9): 3819-27. Pubmed PMID: 19383905
- Fu J, Qin L, He T, Qin J, Hong J, Wong J, Liao L, Xu J "The TWIST/Mi2/NuRD protein complex and its essential role in cancer metastasis.." Cell Res.. 2011 February ; 21 (2): 275-89. Pubmed PMID: 20714342
- Qin L, Liao L, Redmond A, Young L, Yuan Y, Chen H, O'Malley BW, Xu J "The AIB1 oncogene promotes breast cancer metastasis by activation of PEA3-mediated matrix metalloproteinase 2 (MMP2) and MMP9 expression.." Mol. Cell. Biol.. 2008 October ; 28 (19): 5937-50. Pubmed PMID: 18644862
- Qin L, Chen X, Wu Y, Feng Z, He T, Wang L, Liao L, Xu J "Steroid receptor coactivator-1 upregulates integrin a5 expression to promote breast cancer cell adhesion and migration.." Cancer Res.. 2011 March 1; 71 (5): 1742-51. Pubmed PMID: 21343398
- Hong J, Zhou J, Fu J, He T, Qin J, Wang L, Liao L, Xu J "Phosphorylation of serine 68 of Twist1 by MAPKs stabilizes Twist1 protein and promotes breast cancer cell invasiveness.." Cancer Res.. 2011 June 1; 71 (11): 3980-90. Pubmed PMID: 21502402
- Mark M, Yoshida-Komiya H, Gehin M, Liao L, Tsai MJ, O'Malley BW, Chambon P, Xu J "Partially redundant functions of SRC-1 and TIF2 in postnatal survival and male reproduction.." Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A.. 2004 March 30; 101 (13): 4453-8. Pubmed PMID: 15070739
- Xu J, Qiu Y, DeMayo FJ, Tsai SY, Tsai MJ, O'Malley BW "Partial hormone resistance in mice with disruption of the steroid receptor coactivator-1 (SRC-1) gene.." Science. 1998 March 20; 279 (5358): 1922-5. Pubmed PMID: 9506940
- Qin Q, Xu Y, He T, Qin C, Xu J "Normal and disease-related biological functions of Twist1 and underlying molecular mechanisms.." Cell Res.. 2012 January ; 22 (1): 90-106. Pubmed PMID: 21876555
- Xu J, Wu RC, O'Malley BW "Normal and cancer-related functions of the p160 steroid receptor co-activator (SRC) family.." Nat. Rev. Cancer. 2009 September ; 9 (9): 615-30. Pubmed PMID: 19701241
- Kuang SQ, Liao L, Wang S, Medina D, O'Malley BW, Xu J "Mice lacking the amplified in breast cancer 1/steroid receptor coactivator-3 are resistant to chemical carcinogen-induced mammary tumorigenesis.." Cancer Res.. 2005 September 1; 65 (17): 7993-8002. Pubmed PMID: 16140972
- Liu Z, Zhou S, Liao L, Chen X, Meistrich M, Xu J "Jmjd1a demethylase-regulated histone modification is essential for cAMP-response element modulator-regulated gene expression and spermatogenesis.." J. Biol. Chem.. 2010 January 22; 285 (4): 2758-70. Pubmed PMID: 19910458
- Zhang H, Kuang SQ, Liao L, Zhou S, Xu J "Haploid inactivation of the amplified-in-breast cancer 3 coactivator reduces the inhibitory effect of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma and retinoid X receptor on cell proliferation and accelerates polyoma middle-T antigen-induced mammary t." Cancer Res.. 2004 October 1; 64 (19): 7169-77. Pubmed PMID: 15466215
- Yuan Y, Qin L, Liu D, Wu RC, Mussi P, Zhou S, Songyang Z, Xu J "Genetic screening reveals an essential role of p27kip1 in restriction of breast cancer progression.." Cancer Res.. 2007 September 1; 67 (17): 8032-42. Pubmed PMID: 17804714
- Chung AC, Zhou S, Liao L, Tien JC, Greenberg NM, Xu J "Genetic ablation of the amplified-in-breast cancer 1 inhibits spontaneous prostate cancer progression in mice.." Cancer Res.. 2007 June 15; 67 (12): 5965-75. Pubmed PMID: 17575167
- Wang S, Yuan Y, Liao L, Kuang SQ, Tien JC, O'Malley BW, Xu J "Disruption of the SRC-1 gene in mice suppresses breast cancer metastasis without affecting primary tumor formation.." Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A.. 2009 January 6; 106 (1): 151-6. Pubmed PMID: 19109434
- Kuang SQ, Liao L, Zhang H, Pereira FA, Yuan Y, DeMayo FJ, Ko L, Xu J "Deletion of the cancer-amplified coactivator AIB3 results in defective placentation and embryonic lethality.." J. Biol. Chem.. 2002 November 22; 277 (47): 45356-60. Pubmed PMID: 12368298
- Kuang SQ, Liao L, Zhang H, Lee AV, O'Malley BW, Xu J "AIB1/SRC-3 deficiency affects insulin-like growth factor I signaling pathway and suppresses v-Ha-ras-induced breast cancer initiation and progression in mice.." Cancer Res.. 2004 March 1; 64 (5): 1875-85. Pubmed PMID: 14996752
- Chen X, Liu Z, Xu J "The cooperative function of nuclear receptor coactivator 1 (NCOA1) and NCOA3 in placental development and embryo survival.." Mol. Endocrinol.. 2010 October ; 24 (10): 1917-34. Pubmed PMID: 20685850
- Yuan Y, Liao L, Tulis DA, Xu J "Steroid receptor coactivator-3 is required for inhibition of neointima formation by estrogen.." Circulation. 2002 June 4; 105 (22): 2653-9. Pubmed PMID: 12045172
- Li Q, Chu MJ, Xu J "Tissue- and nuclear receptor-specific function of the C-terminal LXXLL motif of coactivator NCoA6/AIB3 in mice.." Mol. Cell. Biol.. 2007 December ; 27 (23): 8073-86. Pubmed PMID: 17908797
- Xu J, Nawaz Z, Tsai SY, Tsai MJ, O'Malley BW "The extreme C terminus of progesterone receptor contains a transcriptional repressor domain that functions through a putative corepressor.." Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A.. 1996 October 29; 93 (22): 12195-9. Pubmed PMID: 8901556
- Louet JF, Chopra AR, Sagen JV, An J, York B, Tannour-Louet M, Saha PK, Stevens RD, Wenner BR, Ilkayeva OR, Bain JR, Zhou S, DeMayo F, Xu J, Newgard CB, O'Malley BW "The coactivator SRC-1 is an essential coordinator of hepatic glucose production.." Cell Metab.. 2010 December 1; 12 (6): 606-18. Pubmed PMID: 21109193
- Liao L, Dearth RK, Zhou S, Britton OL, Lee AV, Xu J "Liver-specific overexpression of the insulin-like growth factor-I enhances somatic growth and partially prevents the effects of growth hormone deficiency.." Endocrinology. 2006 August ; 147 (8): 3877-88. Pubmed PMID: 16709615
- Weiss RE#, Xu J#, Ning G, Pohlenz J, O’Malley BW, and Refetoff S "Mice deficient in the steroid receptor coactivator-1 (SRC-1) are resistant to thyroid hormone." EMBO J. 1999 18 : 1900-4.
- Puigserver P, Adelmant G, Wu Z, Fan M, Xu J, O'Malley B, Spiegelman BM "Activation of PPARgamma coactivator-1 through transcription factor docking.." Science. 1999 November 12; 286 (5443): 1368-71. Pubmed PMID: 10558993
- Nishihara E, Yoshida-Komiya H, Chan CS, Liao L, Davis RL, O'Malley BW, Xu J "SRC-1 null mice exhibit moderate motor dysfunction and delayed development of cerebellar Purkinje cells.." J. Neurosci.. 2003 January 1; 23 (1): 213-22. Pubmed PMID: 12514218
- Zhang H, Liao L, Kuang SQ, Xu J "Spatial distribution of the messenger ribonucleic acid and protein of the nuclear receptor coactivator, amplified in breast cancer-3, in mice.." Endocrinology. 2003 April ; 144 (4): 1435-43. Pubmed PMID: 12639927
- Xu J, Li Q "Review of the in vivo functions of the p160 steroid receptor coactivator family.." Mol. Endocrinol.. 2003 September ; 17 (9): 1681-92. Pubmed PMID: 12805412
- Mussi P, Yu C, O'Malley BW, Xu J "Stimulation of steroid receptor coactivator-3 (SRC-3) gene overexpression by a positive regulatory loop of E2F1 and SRC-3.." Mol. Endocrinol.. 2006 December ; 20 (12): 3105-19. Pubmed PMID: 16916939
- Mussi P, Liao L, Park SE, Ciana P, Maggi A, Katzenellenbogen BS, Xu J, O'Malley BW "Haploinsufficiency of the corepressor of estrogen receptor activity (REA) enhances estrogen receptor function in the mammary gland.." Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A.. 2006 November 7; 103 (45): 16716-21. Pubmed PMID: 17065319
- Yu C, York B, Wang S, Feng Q, Xu J, O'Malley BW "An essential function of the SRC-3 coactivator in suppression of cytokine mRNA translation and inflammatory response.." Mol. Cell. 2007 March 9; 25 (5): 765-78. Pubmed PMID: 17349961
- Yuan Y, Xu J "Loss-of-function deletion of the steroid receptor coactivator-1 gene in mice reduces estrogen effect on the vascular injury response.." Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol.. 2007 July ; 27 (7): 1521-7. Pubmed PMID: 17446438
- Liao L, Chen X, Wang S, Parlow AF, Xu J "Steroid receptor coactivator 3 maintains circulating insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) by controlling IGF-binding protein 3 expression.." Mol. Cell. Biol.. 2008 April ; 28 (7): 2460-9. Pubmed PMID: 18212051
- Liu Z, Liao L, Zhou S, Xu J "Generation and validation of a mouse line with a floxed SRC-3/AIB1 allele for conditional knockout.." Int. J. Biol. Sci.. 2008 4 (4): 202-7. Pubmed PMID: 18690289
- Chopra AR, Louet JF, Saha P, An J, Demayo F, Xu J, York B, Karpen S, Finegold M, Moore D, Chan L, Newgard CB, O'Malley BW "Absence of the SRC-2 coactivator results in a glycogenopathy resembling Von Gierke's disease.." Science. 2008 November 28; 322 (5906): 1395-9. Pubmed PMID: 19039140
- York B, Yu C, Sagen JV, Liu Z, Nikolai BC, Wu RC, Finegold M, Xu J, O'Malley BW "Reprogramming the posttranslational code of SRC-3 confers a switch in mammalian systems biology.." Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A.. 2010 June 15; 107 (24): 11122-7. Pubmed PMID: 20534466
- York B, Reineke EL, Sagen JV, Nikolai BC, Zhou S, Louet JF, Chopra AR, Chen X, Reed G, Noebels J, Adesina AM, Yu H, Wong LJ, Tsimelzon A, Hilsenbeck S, Stevens RD, Wenner BR, Ilkayeva O, Xu J, Newgard CB, O’Malley BW "Ablation of steroid receptor coactivator-3 resembles the human CACT metabolic myopathy." Cell Metab. 2012 15 (5): 752-63.
- Zhou J, Qin L, Gao L, Chen X, Tien JCY, Wang F, Hsieh J-T, Xu J "Nkx3.1 functions as a “Para-Transcription Factor” to regulate gene expression and cell proliferation in a non-cell-autonomous manner." J Biol Chem. 2012 287 : 17248-56.
- Chen LY, Zhang Y, Zhang Q, Li H, Luo Z, Fang H, Kim SH, Qin L, Yotnda P, Xu J, Tu BP, Bai Y, Songyang Z "Mitochondrial localization of telomeric protein TIN2 links telomere regulation to metabolic control." Mol Cell. 2012 47 (6): 839-50.
- Kawagoe J, Li Q, Mussi P, Liao L, Lydon JP, DeMayo FJ and Xu J "Nuclear receptor coactivator-6 attenuates uterine estrogen sensitivity to permit embryo implantation." Dev Cell. 2012 23 : 858-65.
- Tien JC, Liu Z, Liao L, Wang F, Xu Y, Wu YL, Zhou N, Ittmann M, Xu J "The steroid receptor coactivator-3 is required for the development of castration-resistant prostate cancer." Cancer Res. 2013 73 (13): 3997-4008.
- Xu Y, Xu Y, Liao L, Zhou Z, Theissen S, Liao X-H, Nguyen H, Ludwig T, Qin L, Martinez J, Jiang J, Xu J "Inducible knockout of Twist1 in young and adult mice prolongs hair growth cycle and has mild effects on general health, supporting Twist1 as a preferential cancer target." Am J Pathol. 2013 183 (4): 1281-92.
- Wang Y, Lonard DM, Yu Y, Chow DC, Palzkill TG, Wang J, Qi R, Matzuk AJ, Song X, Madoux F, Hodder P, Chase P, Griffin PR, Zhou S, Liao L, Xu J, O'Malley BW "Bufalin Is a Potent Small-Molecule Inhibitor of the Steroid Receptor Coactivators SRC-3 and SRC-1." Cancer Res. 2014 74 (5): 1506-17.
- Qin L, Wu YL, Toneff MJ, Li D, Liao L, Gao X, Bane FT, Tien J, Xu Y, Feng Z, Yang Z, Xu Y, Theissen SM, Li Y, Young L, Xu J "NCOA1 directly targets M-CSF1 expression to promote breast cancer metastasis." Cancer Res. 2014 74 : 3477-88.
- Lee DK, Liu Y, Liao L, Wang F, Xu J "The prostate basal cell (BC) heterogeneity and the p63-positive BC differentiation spectrum in mice." Int J Biol Sci. 2014 10 (9): 1007-17.
- Tien J, Liao L, Liu Y, Liu Z, Lee DK, Wang F, Xu J "The steroid receptor coactivator-3 is required for developing neuroendocrine tumor in mice." Int J Biol Sci. 2014 10 (10): 1116-27.
- Ma G, He J, Yu Y, Xu Y, Yu X, Martinez J, Lonard DM, Xu J "Tamoxifen Inhibits ER-negative Breast Cancer Cell Invasion and Metastasis by Accelerating Twist1 Degradation." Int J Biol Sci. 2015 11 (5): 618-28.
- Wang L, Yu Y, Chow DC, Yan F, Hsu CC, Stossi F, Mancini MA, Palzkill T, Liao L, Zhou S, Xu J, Lonard DM, O’Malley BW "Overactivation of the p160 SRCs by the small molecular inhibitor MCB-613 causes cancer cell stress and paraptosis." Cancer Cell. 2015 28 (2): 240-52.
- Gao L, Rabbitt EH, Condon JC, Renthal NE, Mitsche MA, Chambon P, Xu J, O’Malley BW, Mendelson CR "Steroid receptor coactivators 1 and 2 mediate fetal-to-maternal signaling that initiates parturition." J Clin Invest. 2015 125 (7): 2808-24.
- Qin L, Xu Y, Xu Y, Ma G, Liao L, Wu Y, Li Y, Wang X, Wang X, Jiang J, Wang J, Xu J "NCOA1 Promotes Angiogenesis in Breast Tumors by Simultaneously Enhancing both HIF1α- and AP-1-mediated VEGFa Transcription." Oncotarget. 2015 6 (27): 11518-28.
- Sun T, Fu J, Shen T, Lin X, Liao L, Feng XH, Xu J "The small C-terminal domain phosphatase 1 inhibits cancer cell migration and invasion by dephosphorylating phospho-Ser68-Twist1 to accelerate Twist1 degradation." J Biol Chem. 2015 291 (22): 11518-28.
- Song X, Chen J, Zhao M, Zhang C, Yu Y, Lonard DM, Chow DC, Palzkill T, Xu J, O’Malley BW, Wang J "Development of potent small-molecular inhibitors to drug the undruggable steroid receptor coactivator-3." Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2016 113 (18): 4970-5.
- Welte T, Kim IS, Tian L, Gao X, Wang H, Li J, Holdman XB, Herschkowitz JI, Pond A, Xie G, Kurley S, Nguyen T, Liao L, Dobrolecki LE, Pang L, Mo Q, Edwards DP, Huang S, Xin L, Xu J, Li Y, Lewis MT, Wang T, Westbrook TF, Rosen JM, Zhang XH "Oncogenic mTOR signaling recruits myeloid-derived suppressor cells to promote tumour initiation." Nat Cell Biol. 2016 18 (6): 632-44.
- Xu Y, Qin L, Sun T, Wu H, He T, Yang Z, Mo Q, Liao L, Xu J "Twist1 Promotes Breast Cancer Invasion and Metastasis by Silencing Foxa1 Expression. Oncogene." Oncogene. 2016 36 (8): 1157-66.
- Shi E, Kan M, Xu JM, McKeehan WL "16-kilodalton heparin binding (fibroblast) growth factor type one appears in a stable 40-kilodalton complex after receptor-dependent internalization.." J. Biol. Chem.. 1991 March 25; 266 (9): 5774-9. Pubmed PMID: 2005115
- Yu X, Xu J "A “goldmine” for digging cancer-specific targets: the genes essential for embryonic development but nonessential for adult life." J Mol Cell Biol. 2020 12 (9): 669-73.
- Kruse RL, Barzi M, Legras X, Pankowicz FP, Furey N, Liao L, Xu J, Bissig-Choisat B, Slagle BL, Bissig K-D "A hepatitis B virus transgenic mouse model with a conditional, recombinant, episomal genome." JHEP Reports. 2021 3 (2): 100252.
- Dearth RK, Kuiatse I, Wang YF, Liao L, Hilsenbeck SG, Brown PH, Xu J, Lee AV "A moderate elevation of circulating levels of IGF-I does not alter ErbB2 induced mammary tumorigenesis.." BMC Cancer. 2011 11 : 377. Pubmed PMID: 21867536
- Liao L, Kuang SQ, Yuan YH, Xu JM "A rapid and cost-effective screening method for identification of targeted embryonic stem cells.." Shi Yan Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2002 September ; 35 (3): 163-8. Pubmed PMID: 15344375
- Hartmaier RJ, Richter AS, Gillihan RM, Sallit JZ, McGuire SE, Wang J, Lee AV, Osborne CK, O'Malley BW, Brown PH, Xu J, Skaar TC, Philips S, Rae JM, Azzouz F, Li L, Hayden J, Henry NL, Nguyen AT, Stearns V, Hayes DF, Flockhart DA, Oesterreich S "A SNP in Steroid Receptor Coactivator-1 Disrupts a GSK3ß Phosphorylation Site and Is Associated with Altered Tamoxifen Response in Bone.." Mol. Endocrinol.. 2012 February ; 26 (2): 220-7. Pubmed PMID: 22174377
- Matsuzaki K, Xu J, Wang F, McKeehan WL, Krummen L, Kan M "A widely expressed transmembrane serine/threonine kinase that does not bind activin, inhibin, transforming growth factor beta, or bone morphogenic factor.." J. Biol. Chem.. 1993 June 15; 268 (17): 12719-23. Pubmed PMID: 8389764
- Shivaraju M, Chitta UK, Grange RMH, Jain IH, Capen D, Liao L, Xu J, Ichinose F, Zapol WM, Mootha VK, and Rajagopal J "Airway stem cells sense hypoxia and differentiate into protective solitary neuroendocrine cells." Science. 2021 371 (6524): 52-7.
- Gatza CE, Dumble M, Kittrell F, Edwards DG, Dearth RK, Lee AV, Xu J, Medina D, Donehower LA "Altered mammary gland development in the p53+/m mouse, a model of accelerated aging.." Dev. Biol.. 2008 January 1; 313 (1): 130-41. Pubmed PMID: 17996864
- Wang F, Kan M, Yan G, Xu J, McKeehan WL "Alternately spliced NH2-terminal immunoglobulin-like Loop I in the ectodomain of the fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptor 1 lowers affinity for both heparin and FGF-1.." J. Biol. Chem.. 1995 April 28; 270 (17): 10231-5. Pubmed PMID: 7730327
- Kan M, Wang F, Xu J, Crabb JW, Hou J, McKeehan WL "An essential heparin-binding domain in the fibroblast growth factor receptor kinase.." Science. 1993 March 26; 259 (5103): 1918-21. Pubmed PMID: 8456318
- He Y, Hooker E, Yu EJ, Cunha G, Liao L, Xu J, Earl A, Wu H, Gonzalgo M, Sun Z "Androgen signaling is essential for development of prostate cancer initiated from prostate basal cells." Oncogene. 2019 38 (13): 2337-50.
- Wang Z, Zhang F, He J, Wu P, Tay LWR, Cai M, Nian W, Wang Y, Qin L, Chang JT, McIntire LB, Di Paolo GD, Xu J, Peng J, Du G "Binding of PLD2-generated phosphatidic acid to KIF5B promotes MT1-MMP surface trafficking and lung metastasis of mouse breast cancer cells." Dev Cell. 2017 43 (2): 186-97.
- Xu Y, Lee D-K, Feng Z, Xu Ya, Bu W, Li Y, Liao L, Xu J "Breast tumor cell-specific knockout of Twist1 inhibits cancer cell plasticity, dissemination and lung metastasis in mice." Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2017 114 (43): 11494-99.
- Ding Y, Liu Y, Lee, D-K, Tong Z, Yu X, Li Y, Xu Y, Lanz R, O’Malley BW, Xu J "Cell lineage tracing links ER loss in Erbb2-induced breast cancer cells to the arising of a highly proliferative and metastatic breast cancer subtype." Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2021 118 (21): e2100673118.
- Viswakarma N, Jia Y, Bai L, Vluggens A, Borensztajn J, Xu J, Reddy JK "Coactivators in PPAR-Regulated Gene Expression.." PPAR Res. 2010 2010 : Pubmed PMID: 20814439
- Lanza DG, Gaspero A, Lorenzo I, Liao L, Zheng P, Wang Y, Deng Y, Cheng C, Zhang C, Seavitt JR, DeMayo FJ, Xu J, Dickinson ME, Beaudet AL, Heaney JD "Comparative analysis of single-stranded DNA donors to generate conditional null mouse alleles." BMC Biology. 2018 16 (1): 69.
- Shi E, Kan M, Xu J, Wang F, Hou J, McKeehan WL "Control of fibroblast growth factor receptor kinase signal transduction by heterodimerization of combinatorial splice variants.." Mol. Cell. Biol.. 1993 July ; 13 (7): 3907-18. Pubmed PMID: 8321198
- Ma X, Xu L, Wang S, Cui B, Li X, Xu J, Ning G "Deletion of steroid receptor coactivator-3 gene ameliorates hepatic steatosis.." J. Hepatol.. 2011 August ; 55 (2): 445-52. Pubmed PMID: 21184786
- Ying H, Furuya F, Willingham MC, Xu J, O'Malley BW, Cheng SY "Dual functions of the steroid hormone receptor coactivator 3 in modulating resistance to thyroid hormone.." Mol. Cell. Biol.. 2005 September ; 25 (17): 7687-95. Pubmed PMID: 16107715
- Han SJ, Jeong J, Demayo FJ, Xu J, Tsai SY, Tsai MJ, O'Malley BW "Dynamic cell type specificity of SRC-1 coactivator in modulating uterine progesterone receptor function in mice.." Mol. Cell. Biol.. 2005 September ; 25 (18): 8150-65. Pubmed PMID: 16135805
- Mödder UI, Sanyal A, Kearns AE, Sibonga JD, Nishihara E, Xu J, O'Malley BW, Ritman EL, Riggs BL, Spelsberg TC, Khosla S "Effects of loss of steroid receptor coactivator-1 on the skeletal response to estrogen in mice.." Endocrinology. 2004 February ; 145 (2): 913-21. Pubmed PMID: 14563705
- Xu J, Nakahara M, Crabb JW, Shi E, Matuo Y, Fraser M, Kan M, Hou J, McKeehan WL "Expression and immunochemical analysis of rat and human fibroblast growth factor receptor (flg) isoforms.." J. Biol. Chem.. 1992 September 5; 267 (25): 17792-803. Pubmed PMID: 1325449
- Yang Z, Wolf IM, Chen H, Periyasamy S, Chen Z, Yong W, Shi S, Zhao W, Xu J, Srivastava A, Sánchez ER, Shou W "FK506-binding protein 52 is essential to uterine reproductive physiology controlled by the progesterone receptor A isoform.." Mol. Endocrinol.. 2006 November ; 20 (11): 2682-94. Pubmed PMID: 16873445
- Zhang P, Chen Y, Gong M, Zhuang Z, Wang Y, Mu L, Wang T, Pan J, Liu Y, Xu J, Liang R, Yuan Y "Gab2 Regulates the Stemness of HER2-overexpressed Breast Cancer Cell." Cell Physiol Biochem. 2018 50 : 52-65.
- Xiao Y, Xu J, Wang S, Mao C, Jin M, Ning G, Xu J, Zhang Y "Genetic ablation of steroid receptor coactivator-3 promotes PPAR-beta-mediated alternative activation of microglia in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis.." Glia. 2010 June ; 58 (8): 932-42. Pubmed PMID: 20155818
- Song EC, Min S, Oyelakin A, Smalley K, Bard JE, Liao L, Xu J, Romano RA "Genetic and scRNA-seq Analysis Reveals Distinct Cell Populations that Contribute to Salivary Gland Development and Maintenance." Sci Rep. 2018 8 (1): 14043.
- Park SE, Xu J, Frolova A, Liao L, O'Malley BW, Katzenellenbogen BS "Genetic deletion of the repressor of estrogen receptor activity (REA) enhances the response to estrogen in target tissues in vivo.." Mol. Cell. Biol.. 2005 March ; 25 (5): 1989-99. Pubmed PMID: 15713652
- Xu J, Matsuzaki K, McKeehan K, Wang F, Kan M, McKeehan WL "Genomic structure and cloned cDNAs predict that four variants in the kinase domain of serine/threonine kinase receptors arise by alternative splicing and poly(A) addition.." Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A.. 1994 August 16; 91 (17): 7957-61. Pubmed PMID: 8058741
- Zerrad-Saadi A, Lambert-Blot M, Mitchell C, Bretes H, Collin de l'Hortet A, Baud V, Chereau F, Sotiropoulos A, Kopchick JJ, Liao L, Xu J, Gilgenkrantz H, Guidotti JE "GH receptor plays a major role in liver regeneration through the control of EGFR and ERK1/2 activation.." Endocrinology. 2011 July ; 152 (7): 2731-41. Pubmed PMID: 21540290
- McCartan D, Bolger JC, Fagan A, Byrne C, Hao Y, Qin L, McIlroy M, Xu J, Hill AD, Gaora PÓ, Young LS "Global Characterization of the SRC-1 Transcriptome Identifies ADAM22 as an ER-Independent Mediator of Endocrine-Resistant Breast Cancer.." Cancer Res.. 2012 January 1; 72 (1): 220-9. Pubmed PMID: 22072566
- Sang M, Hulsurkar M, Zhang X, Song H, Zheng D, Zhang Y, Li M, Xu J, Zhang S, Ittmann M, Li W "GRK3 is a direct target of CREB activation and regulates neuroendocrine differentiation of prostate cancer cells." Oncotarget. 2016 7 (29): 45171-85.
- Peng K, Su G, Ji J, Yang X, Miao M, Mo P, Li M, Xu J, Li W, Yu C "Histone demethylase JMJD1A promotes colorectal cancer growth and metastasis by enhancing Wnt/β-catenin signaling." J Biol Chem. 2018 293 (27): 10606-19.
- Zhang QJ, Tran TAT, Wang M, Ranek MJ, Kokkonen-Simon KM, Gao J, Luo X, Tan W, Krychenko V, Liao L, Xu J, Hill JA, Olson EN, Kass DA, Martinez ED, and Liu Z-P "Histone lysine dimethyl-demethylase KDM3A controls pathological cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis." Nat Commun. 2018 9 (1): 5230.
- Li Q, Xu J "Identification and characterization of the alternatively spliced nuclear receptor coactivator-6 isoforms.." Int. J. Biol. Sci.. 2011 7 (5): 505-16. Pubmed PMID: 21552418
- Xu J, Liao L, Qin J, Xu J, Liu D, Songyang Z "Identification of Flightless-I as a substrate of the cytokine-independent survival kinase CISK.." J. Biol. Chem.. 2009 May 22; 284 (21): 14377-85. Pubmed PMID: 19293151
- IJpenberg A, Tan NS, Gelman L, Kersten S, Seydoux J, Xu J, Metzger D, Canaple L, Chambon P, Wahli W, Desvergne B "In vivo activation of PPAR target genes by RXR homodimers.." EMBO J.. 2004 May 19; 23 (10): 2083-91. Pubmed PMID: 15103326
- Xu J, McKeehan K, Matsuzaki K, McKeehan WL "Inhibin antagonizes inhibition of liver cell growth by activin by a dominant-negative mechanism.." J. Biol. Chem.. 1995 March 17; 270 (11): 6308-13. Pubmed PMID: 7890768
- Prudovsky I, Savion N, Zhan X, Friesel R, Xu J, Hou J, McKeehan WL, Maciag T "Intact and functional fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptor-1 trafficks near the nucleus in response to FGF-1.." J. Biol. Chem.. 1994 December 16; 269 (50): 31720-4. Pubmed PMID: 7527394
- Goo YH, Na SY, Zhang H, Xu J, Hong S, Cheong J, Lee SK, Lee JW "Interactions between activating signal cointegrator-2 and the tumor suppressor retinoblastoma in androgen receptor transactivation.." J. Biol. Chem.. 2004 February 20; 279 (8): 7131-5. Pubmed PMID: 14645241
- McKeehan K, McKeehan WI, Xu J, Liao L "Kinase-inactive splice variants of the activin type I receptor.." In Vitro Cell. Dev. Biol. Anim.. 1996 March ; 32 (3): 131-4. Pubmed PMID: 8925134
- Zhang B, Ci X, Tao R, Ni J, Xuan X, King J, Xia S, Li Y, Frierson H, Lee D-K, Xu J, Osunkoya A, Dong JT "Klf5 acetylation regulates luminal differentiation of basal progenitors in prostate development and regeneration." Nat Commun. 2020 11 (1): 997.
- Wang WL, Li Q, Xu J, Cvekl A "Lens fiber cell differentiation and denucleation are disrupted through expression of the N-terminal nuclear receptor box of NCOA6 and result in p53-dependent and p53-independent apoptosis.." Mol. Biol. Cell. 2010 July 15; 21 (14): 2453-68. Pubmed PMID: 20484573
- Wang F, Kan M, Xu J, Yan G, McKeehan WL "Ligand-specific structural domains in the fibroblast growth factor receptor.." J. Biol. Chem.. 1995 April 28; 270 (17): 10222-30. Pubmed PMID: 7730326
- Xi Y, Kim T, Brumwell AN, Driver I, Wei Y, Tan V, Jackson J, Xu J, Lee D-K, Gotts J, Matthay M, Shannon JM, Chapman HA, Vaughan AE "Local lung hypoxia determines epithelial fate decisions during alveolar regeneration." Nat Cell Biol. 2017 19 (9): 904-14.
- Ma X, Xu L, Wang S, Chen H, Xu J, Li X, Ning G "Loss of steroid receptor co-activator-3 attenuates carbon tetrachloride-induced murine hepatic injury and fibrosis.." Lab. Invest.. 2009 August ; 89 (8): 903-14. Pubmed PMID: 19488034
- Weiss RE, Xu J, Ning G, Pohlenz J, O'Malley BW, Refetoff S "Mice deficient in the steroid receptor co-activator 1 (SRC-1) are resistant to thyroid hormone.." EMBO J.. 1999 April 1; 18 (7): 1900-4. Pubmed PMID: 10202153
- Kamiya Y, Zhang XY, Ying H, Kato Y, Willingham MC, Xu J, O'Malley BW, Cheng SY "Modulation by steroid receptor coactivator-1 of target-tissue responsiveness in resistance to thyroid hormone.." Endocrinology. 2003 September ; 144 (9): 4144-53. Pubmed PMID: 12933689
- Xu J, O'Malley BW "Molecular mechanisms and cellular biology of the steroid receptor coactivator (SRC) family in steroid receptor function.." Rev Endocr Metab Disord. 2002 September ; 3 (3): 185-92. Pubmed PMID: 12215713
- Liao L, Kuang SQ, Yuan Y, Gonzalez SM, O'Malley BW, Xu J "Molecular structure and biological function of the cancer-amplified nuclear receptor coactivator SRC-3/AIB1.." J. Steroid Biochem. Mol. Biol.. 2002 December ; 83 (41279): 41347. Pubmed PMID: 12650696
- Lee D-K, Liu Y, Liao L, Li W, Danielpour D, and Xu J "Neuroendocrine prostate carcinoma cells originate from the p63-expressing basal cells but not the pre-existing adenocarcinoma cells in mice." Cell Res. 2019 29 (5): 420-2.
- Wu HY, Hamamori Y, Xu J, Chang SC, Saluna T, Chang MF, O'Malley BW, Kedes L "Nuclear hormone receptor coregulator GRIP1 suppresses, whereas SRC1A and p/CIP coactivate, by domain-specific binding of MyoD.." J. Biol. Chem.. 2005 February 4; 280 (5): 3129-37. Pubmed PMID: 15563453
- Feng S, Xu J, Wang F, Kan M, McKeehan WL "Nuclear localization of a complex of fibroblast growth factor(FGF)-1 and an NH2-terminal fragment of FGF receptor isoforms R4 and R1alpha in human liver cells.." Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1996 January 10; 1310 (1): 67-73. Pubmed PMID: 9244177
- McKenna NJ, Xu J, Nawaz Z, Tsai SY, Tsai MJ, O'Malley BW "Nuclear receptor coactivators: multiple enzymes, multiple complexes, multiple functions.." J. Steroid Biochem. Mol. Biol.. 69 (41280): 41345. Pubmed PMID: 10418975
- Nishihara E, O'Malley BW, Xu J "Nuclear receptor coregulators are new players in nervous system development and function.." Mol. Neurobiol.. 2004 December ; 30 (3): 307-25. Pubmed PMID: 15655254
- Wu H, Bi J, Peng Y, Huo L, Yu X, Yang Z, Zhou Y, Qin L, Xu Y, Liao L, Xie Y, Conneely OM, Jonkers J, Xu J "Nuclear Receptor NR4A1 Is a Tumor Suppressor Down-regulated in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer." Oncotarget. 2017 8 : 54364-77.
- Wang Y, Xu J, Pierson T, O'Malley BW, Tsai SY "Positive and negative regulation of gene expression in eukaryotic cells with an inducible transcriptional regulator.." Gene Ther.. 1997 May ; 4 (5): 432-41. Pubmed PMID: 9274720
- Yuan B, Liu J, Cao J, Yu Y, Zhang H, Wang F, Zhu Y, Xiao M, Liu S, Ye Y, Ma L, Xu D, Xu N, Li Y, Zhao B, Xu P, Jin J, Xu J, Chen X, Shen L, Lin X, Feng XH "PTPN3 Acts as a Tumor Suppressor and Boosts TGF-β Signaling Independent of its Phosphatase Activity." EMBO J. 2019 38 (14): e99945.
- Kan M, Yan GC, Xu J, Nakahara M, Hou J "Receptor phenotype underlies differential response of hepatocytes and nonparenchymal cells to heparin-binding fibroblast growth factor type 1 (aFGF) and type 2 (bFGF).." In Vitro Cell. Dev. Biol.. 28 (41463): 515-20. Pubmed PMID: 1381709
- Xia J, Liao L, Sarkar J, Matsumoto K, Reddy JK, Xu J, Kemper B "Redundant enhancement of mouse constitutive androstane receptor transactivation by p160 coactivator family members.." Arch. Biochem. Biophys.. 2007 December 1; 468 (1): 49-57. Pubmed PMID: 17950690
- Sadow PM, Chassande O, Koo EK, Gauthier K, Samarut J, Xu J, O'Malley BW, Weiss RE "Regulation of expression of thyroid hormone receptor isoforms and coactivators in liver and heart by thyroid hormone.." Mol. Cell. Endocrinol.. 2003 May 30; 203 (41276): 65-75. Pubmed PMID: 12782404
- Yeom SY, Kim GH, Kim CH, Jung HD, Kim SY, Park JY, Pak YK, Rhee DK, Kuang SQ, Xu J, Han DJ, Song DK, Lee JW, Lee KU, Kim SW "Regulation of insulin secretion and beta-cell mass by activating signal cointegrator 2.." Mol. Cell. Biol.. 2006 June ; 26 (12): 4553-63. Pubmed PMID: 16738321
- Tanaka K, Martinez GJ, Yan X, Long W, Ichiyama K, Chi X, Kim B-S, Reynolds JM, Chung Y, Tanaka S, Liao L, Nakanishi Y, Yoshimura A, Zheng P, Wang X, Tian Q, Xu J, O’Malley BW, Dong C "Regulation of pathogenic T helper 17 cell differentiation by steroid receptor coactivator-3." Cell Reports. 2018 23 (8): 2318-29.
- Wu RC, Qin J, Hashimoto Y, Wong J, Xu J, Tsai SY, Tsai MJ, O'Malley BW "Regulation of SRC-3 (pCIP/ACTR/AIB-1/RAC-3/TRAM-1) Coactivator activity by I kappa B kinase.." Mol. Cell. Biol.. 2002 May ; 22 (10): 3549-61. Pubmed PMID: 11971985
- Park S, Zhao Y, Yoon S, Xu J, Liao L, Lydon J, DeMayo F, O'Malley BW, Katzenellenbogen BS "Repressor of estrogen receptor activity (REA) is essential for mammary gland morphogenesis and functional activities: studies in conditional knockout mice.." Endocrinology. 2011 November ; 152 (11): 4336-49. Pubmed PMID: 21862609
- Yu X, Yustein JT, Xu J "Research models and mesenchymal/epithelial plasticity of osteosarcoma." Cell & Biosci. 2021 11 : 94.
- Al-Otaiby M, Tassi E, Schmidt MO, Chien CD, Baker T, Ganoza Salas A, Xu J, Furlong M, Schlegel R, Riegel AT, Wellstein A "Role of the Nuclear Receptor Coactivator AIB1/SRC-3 in Angiogenesis and Wound Healing.." 2012 February 14; : Pubmed PMID: 22342158
- Ye X, Han SJ, Tsai SY, DeMayo FJ, Xu J, Tsai MJ, O'Malley BW "Roles of steroid receptor coactivator (SRC)-1 and transcriptional intermediary factor (TIF) 2 in androgen receptor activity in mice.." Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A.. 2005 July 5; 102 (27): 9487-92. Pubmed PMID: 15983373
- Yang Y, Riccio P, Schotsaert M, Mori M, Lu J, Lee DK, García-Sastre A, Xu J, Cardoso WV "Spatial-temporal lineage restrictions of embryonic p63+ progenitors establish distinct stem cell pools in adult airways." Dev Cell. 2018 44 (6): 752-61.
- Sadow PM, Chassande O, Gauthier K, Samarut J, Xu J, O'Malley BW, Weiss RE "Specificity of thyroid hormone receptor subtype and steroid receptor coactivator-1 on thyroid hormone action.." Am. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab.. 2003 January ; 284 (1): E36-46. Pubmed PMID: 12388168
- Hinton AO Jr, Yang Y, Quick A, Xu P, Reddy CL, Yan X, Reynolds C, Tong Q, Zhu L, Xu J, Wehrens X, Xu Y, Reddy AK "SRC-1 regulates blood pressure and aortic stiffness in female mice." PLoS One. 2016 11 (12): e0168644.
- Xia X, Chen Y, Xu J, Yu C, Chen W "SRC-3 deficiency protects host from Listeria monocytogenes infection through increasing ROS production and decreasing lymphocyte apoptosis. International Immunopharmacology." Int Immunopharmacol. 2021 96 : 107625.
- Xu L, Ma X, Li J, Li X, Xu J, Wang S, Ning G "SRC-3 deficient mice developed fat redistribution under high-fat diet.." Endocrine. 2010 August ; 38 (1): 60-6. Pubmed PMID: 20960103
- Chen T, Chen Q, Xu Y, Zhou Q, Zhu J, Zhang H, Wu Q, Xu J, Yu C "SRC-3 is required for CAR-regulated hepatocyte proliferation and drug metabolism.." J. Hepatol.. 2012 January ; 56 (1): 210-7. Pubmed PMID: 21827731
- Chen W, Zhuo M, Lu X, Xia X, Zhao Y, Huang Z, Xu J, Li W, Yu C "SRC-3 protects intestine from DSS-induced colitis by inhibiting inflammation and promoting goblet cell differentiation through enhancement of KLF4 expression." Int J Biol Sci. 2018 14 (14): 2051-64.
- Sen S, Wang F, Zhang J, He Z, Ma J, Gwack Y, Xu J, Sun Z "SRC1 promotes Th17 differentiation by overriding Foxp3 suppression to stimulate RORt activity in a PKC-θ-dependent manner." Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2017 115 (3): E458-67.
- He Z, Zhang J, Du Q, Xu J, Gwack Y, and Sun Z "SRC3 is a cofactor for RORt in Th17 differentiation but not thymocyte development." J Immunol. 2019 202 (3): 760-9.
- Han SJ, DeMayo FJ, Xu J, Tsai SY, Tsai MJ, O'Malley BW "Steroid receptor coactivator (SRC)-1 and SRC-3 differentially modulate tissue-specific activation functions of the progesterone receptor.." Mol. Endocrinol.. 2006 January ; 20 (1): 45-55. Pubmed PMID: 16141356
- Chen W, Lu X, Chen Y, Li M, Mo P, Tong Z, Wang W, Wan W, Su G, Xu J, Yu C "Steroid receptor coactivator 3 contributes to host defense against enteric bacteria by recruiting neutrophils via upregulation of CXCL2 expression." J Immunol. 2017 198 (4): 1606-15.
- Li M, Wang Y, Xia X, Mo P, Xu J, Yu C and Li W "Steroid receptor coactivator 3 inhibits hepatitis B virus gene expression through activating Akt signaling to prevent HNF4 nuclear translocation." Cell Biosci. 2019 9 : 64.
- Chen Q, Chen T, Xu Y, Zhu J, Jiang Y, Zhao Y, Xu J, Yu C "Steroid receptor coactivator 3 is required for clearing bacteria and repressing inflammatory response in Escherichia coli-induced septic peritonitis.." J. Immunol.. 2010 November 1; 185 (9): 5444-52. Pubmed PMID: 20881187
- Takeuchi Y, Murata Y, Sadow P, Hayashi Y, Seo H, Xu J, O'Malley BW, Weiss RE, Refetoff S "Steroid receptor coactivator-1 deficiency causes variable alterations in the modulation of T(3)-regulated transcription of genes in vivo.." Endocrinology. 2002 April ; 143 (4): 1346-52. Pubmed PMID: 11897691
- Lachize S, Apostolakis EM, van der Laan S, Tijssen AM, Xu J, de Kloet ER, Meijer OC "Steroid receptor coactivator-1 is necessary for regulation of corticotropin-releasing hormone by chronic stress and glucocorticoids.." Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A.. 2009 May 12; 106 (19): 8038-42. Pubmed PMID: 19416907
- Monks DA, Xu J, O'Malley BW, Jordan CL "Steroid receptor coactivator-1 is not required for androgen-mediated sexual differentiation of spinal motoneurons.." Neuroendocrinology. 2003 July ; 78 (1): 45-51. Pubmed PMID: 12869799
- Yang, van der Klaauw, Zhu, Cacciottolo, He, Stadler, Wang, Xu, Saito, Hinton Jr., Yan, Keogh, Henning, Banton, Hendricks, Bochukova, Mistry, Lawler, Liao, Xu, O’Rahilly, Tong, Barroso, O’Malley, Farooqi, Xu "Steroid receptor coactivator-1 modulates the function of Pomc neurons and energy homeostasis." Nat Commun. 2019 10 (1): 1718.
- Winnay JN, Xu J, O'Malley BW, Hammer GD "Steroid receptor coactivator-1-deficient mice exhibit altered hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis function.." Endocrinology. 2006 March ; 147 (3): 1322-32. Pubmed PMID: 16339206
- Tien JC, Xu J "Steroid receptor coactivator-3 as a potential molecular target for cancer therapy.." Expert Opin. Ther. Targets. 2012 November ; 16 (11): 1085-96. Pubmed PMID: 22924430
- Zou K, Chen W, Dai J, Mo P, Yu C, Xu J, Wu S, Zhou S, Su G "Steroid receptor coactivator-3 is required for inhibition of the intestinal muscularis inflammatory response of postoperative ileus in mice." Inflammation. 2021 44 (3): 1145-59.
- Ning G, Jurecic V, Baldini A, Xu J "Structure and chromosomal locations of mouse steroid receptor coactivator gene family.." In Vitro Cell. Dev. Biol. Anim.. 1999 September ; 35 (8): 481-6. Pubmed PMID: 10501088
- Hou J, Kan M, Wang F, Xu JM, Nakahara M, McBride G, McKeehan K, McKeehan WL "Substitution of putative half-cystine residues in heparin-binding fibroblast growth factor receptors. Loss of binding activity in both two and three loop isoforms.." J. Biol. Chem.. 1992 September 5; 267 (25): 17804-8. Pubmed PMID: 1325450
- Liu S, Long J, Yuan B, Zheng M, Xiao M, Xu J, Lin X, Feng XH "SUMO modification reverses inhibitory effects of Smad nuclear interacting protein-1 in TGF-beta responses." J Biol Chem. 2016 291 (47): 24418-30.
- Rohira AD, Yan F, Wang L, Wang J, Zhou S, Lu A, Yu Y, Xu J, Lonard DM, O’Malley BW "Targeting SRC coactivators blocks the tumor-initiating capacity of cancer stem-like cells." Cancer Res. 2017 77 (16): 4293-304.
- Qin L, Xu Y, Yu X, Toneff M, Li D, Liao L, Martinez J, Li Y, Xu J "The histone demethylase Kdm3a is required for normal epithelial proliferation, ductal elongation and tumor growth in the mouse mammary gland." Oncotarget. 2017 8 (49): 84761-75.
- Fereshteh MP, Tilli MT, Kim SE, Xu J, O'Malley BW, Wellstein A, Furth PA, Riegel AT "The nuclear receptor coactivator amplified in breast cancer-1 is required for Neu (ErbB2/HER2) activation, signaling, and mammary tumorigenesis in mice.." Cancer Res.. 2008 May 15; 68 (10): 3697-706. Pubmed PMID: 18483252
- Tien JC, Zhou S, Xu J "The role of SRC-1 in murine prostate cancinogenesis is nonessential due to a possible compensation of SRC-3/AIB1 overexpression.." Int. J. Biol. Sci.. 2009 5 (3): 256-64. Pubmed PMID: 19305643
- Xu J "The role of SRC-3 in estrogen-dependent vasoprotection during vascular wall remodeling postinjury.." Nucl Recept Signal. 2003 1 : e002. Pubmed PMID: 16604175
- Mödder UI, Sanyal A, Xu J, O'Malley BW, Spelsberg TC, Khosla S "The skeletal response to estrogen is impaired in female but not in male steroid receptor coactivator (SRC)-1 knock out mice.." Bone. 2008 February ; 42 (2): 414-21. Pubmed PMID: 18055287
- Tong Z, Liu Y, Yu X, Martinez J, Xu J "The transcriptional co-activator NCOA6 promotes estrogen-induced GREB1 transcription by recruiting ER and enhancing enhancer-promoter interaction." J Biol Chem. 2019 294 (51): 19667-82.
- Weiss RE, Gehin M, Xu J, Sadow PM, O'Malley BW, Chambon P, Refetoff S "Thyroid function in mice with compound heterozygous and homozygous disruptions of SRC-1 and TIF-2 coactivators: evidence for haploinsufficiency.." Endocrinology. 2002 April ; 143 (4): 1554-7. Pubmed PMID: 11897715
- Sadow PM, Koo E, Chassande O, Gauthier K, Samarut J, Xu J, O'Malley BW, Seo H, Murata Y, Weiss RE "Thyroid hormone receptor-specific interactions with steroid receptor coactivator-1 in the pituitary.." Mol. Endocrinol.. 2003 May ; 17 (5): 882-94. Pubmed PMID: 12576486
- Yang M, Yu X, Li X, Luo B, Yang W, Lin Y, Li D, Gan Z, Xu J, He T "TNFAIP3 is required for FGFR1 activation-promoted proliferation and tumorigenesis of premalignant DCIS.COM human mammary epithelial cells." Breast Cancer Res. 2018 20 (1): 97.
- Jiang M, Li H, Zhang Y, Yang Y, Lu R, Liu K, Lin S, Lan X, Wang H, Wu H, Zhu J, Zhou Z, Xu J, Lee D-K, Zhang L, Lee YC, Yuan J, Abrams JA, Wang TC, Sepulveda AR, Wu Q, Chen H, Sun X She J, Chen X, Que J "Transitional basal cells at the squamous-columnar junction generate Barrett’s esophagus." Nature. 2017 550 (7677): 529-33.
- Li C, Ao J, Fu J, Lee DF, Xu J, Lonard D, O'Malley BW "Tumor-suppressor role for the SPOP ubiquitin ligase in signal-dependent proteolysis of the oncogenic co-activator SRC-3/AIB1.." Oncogene. 2011 October 20; 30 (42): 4350-64. Pubmed PMID: 21577200
- Farrelly O, Suzuki-Horiuchi Y, Brewster M, Kuri P, Huang S, Rice G, Bae H, Xu J, Dentchev T, Lee V, Rompolas P "Two-photon live imaging of single cornieal stem cells reveals compartmentalized organization of the limbal niche." Cell Stem Cell. 2021 28 (7): 1233-47.
- Oh AS, Lahusen JT, Chien CD, Fereshteh MP, Zhang X, Dakshanamurthy S, Xu J, Kagan BL, Wellstein A, Riegel AT "Tyrosine phosphorylation of the nuclear receptor coactivator AIB1/SRC-3 is enhanced by Abl kinase and is required for its activity in cancer cells.." Mol. Cell. Biol.. 2008 November ; 28 (21): 6580-93. Pubmed PMID: 18765637
- Sreekumar A, Toneff MJ, Toh E, Roarty K, Creighton CJ, Belka GK, Lee D-K, Xu J, Chodosh LA, Richards JS, Rosen JM "WNT-mediated regulation of FOXO1 Constitutes a critical axis maintaining pubertal mammary stem cell homeostasis." Dev Cell. 2017 43 (4): 436-48.
Log In to edit your profile