Desrosiers, MS, CGC
Desrosiers, MS, CGC
Genetic Counselor I
- Genetic Counselor I
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
- MS from University of South Carolina
- 05/2018 - Columbia, South Carolina United States
- Genetic Counseling
- BS from James Madison University
- 05/2014 - Harrisonburg, Virginia United States
- Certified Genetic Counselor
- American Board of Genetic Counseling
- pediatric cancer genetics
Professional StatementLauren Desrosiers is a board certified genetic counselor who completed her Master of Science training at the University of South Carolina. She was recognized for achievements in her professional education as the 2018 recipient of the University of South Carolina S. Robert Young Outstanding Genetic Counselor Award.
Ms. Desrosiers is a genetic counselor for the Cancer Genetics Clinic at Texas Children's Hospital. Through her role in this clinic, she educates and supports families during genetic evaluation for a wide range of childhood cancer predisposition syndromes.
In addition to her clinical role, Ms. Desrosiers is a member of the KidsCanSeq research study team. KidsCanSeq is a clinical trial which will help to promote access and generate best practices for implementing genomic testing for the diverse families impacted by childhood cancers. As a genetic counselor for the study, Ms. Desrosiers helps medical providers and families to understand and use health information gained from genomic testing through written materials and by providing traditional genetic counseling services.
- Desrosiers LR, Quinn E, Cramer S, Dobek W "Integrating genetic counseling and testing in the pediatric oncology setting: Parental attitudes and influencing factors." Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2019 July 11; : Pubmed PMID: 31294517
- Brock PL, Geurts J, Van Galen P, Blouch E, Welch J, Kunz A, Desrosiers L, Gauerke JL, Hyde S "Challenges and opportunities in genetic counseling for hereditary endocrine neoplasia syndromes." Endocr Relat Cancer. 2020 27 : T65-T75. Pubmed PMID: 32106089
- National Society of Genetic Counselors
- Member (07/2017)
Log In to edit your profile