- Assistant Professor
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
- Jamail Specialty Care Center- Alkek Eye Center (Clinic)
1977 Butler Blvd.
Houston, TX 77030
Phone: (713) 798-6100
- OD from University of Houston-College of Optometry
- Houston, United States
- Biomedical Sciences
- Residency at Baltimore Veterans Affairs
- Baltimore, Maryland United States
- Ocular Disease
- BSc from Texas A&M University
- College Station, United States
- Texas Optometry Board
- Glaucoma/Ocular Therapeutics
- National Board of Examiners in Optometry
- Board Certified in Optometry
Honors & Awards
- That's the Way Award
- An award given by BCM in recognition of dedication and exceptional service to patients.
- BCM (09/2017)
- Fellow of American Academy of Optometry
- Co-management of cataract and refractive surgeries including LASIK, PRK, ICL and corneal inlay
- Medical management of glaucoma
- Dry eye disease
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic eye care
- Adult primary eye care and contact lenses
- Corneal and external eye disorders
Professional StatementDr. Shikha Yadav received her Doctorate of Optometry degree from University of Houston College of Optometry. Prior to that, she received her Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences with minors in Business and Psychology from Texas A & M University.
Dr. Yadav completed a residency in ocular disease at the Baltimore Veterans Affairs hospital in Baltimore, Maryland. During her residency, she completed a five-month clinical rotation at Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins Hospital. In addition, she worked with private practices in the areas of retina, glaucoma, refractive surgery management, and specialty contact lenses applications on eyes with keratoconus and irregular corneas.
Dr. Yadav is a fellow of the American Academy of Optometry with plans to be a diplomate in anterior segment disease and glaucoma. Dr. Yadav's clinical interests include comprehensive eye care with special interests in refractive surgery co-management and ophthalmic manifestations of systemic diseases, including hypertension and diabetes.
- "Case series: Extended wear of rigid gas permeable scleral contact lenses for the treatment of persistent corneal epithelial defects." CLAE. :
- American Optometric Association
- Texas Optometric Association
- American Academy of Optometry
- Harris County Optometric Society
- Board member
Log In to edit your profile