The Center for Research in Obesity and Nutrition leadership sets mission directives and provides oversight for the collective activities of the CRON. The Administrative Core, led by Drs. Dennis Villareal (Director) and Marco Marcelli (Associate Director), in conjunction with CRON leadership, will provide oversight for the center with the overall goal of providing administrative infrastructure and resources, while facilitating access to state-of-the-art equipment and technologic expertise.
We will enhance research efficiency and productivity by accomplishing the following objectives:
- Promote CRON educational opportunities with the goal of recruiting and training high-caliber basic and clinical scientists in the fields of obesity and nutrition
- Foster development of collaborations and dissemination of research findings through CRON Grand Rounds and related seminars
- Promote the research activities of the three biomedical research cores and ongoing research activities of CRON members
- Administer the Pilot & Feasibility funding program and CRON membership services
- Organize educational activities including CRON Grand Rounds and yearly CRON symposium