Our nurses provide the following support:
- Vitals, anthropometrics, nursing tasks performed according to protocol.
- Biological sample collection and processing as specified by protocol (blood, saliva, urine, stool)
- Support with oral glucose tolerance tests, conduct of specialized studies under the supervision of the physician including stable isotope infusions, studies of insulin sensitivity and secretion, and nutrition and supplement studies requiring pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic specimen collection.
- Document initial assessment, document subject condition and verify completion of study procedures.
- Work closely with researchers and coordinators to ensure accuracy of data collection and subject and data safety according to the approved IRB protocol.